July 26, 2006

Lesson learnt

After a long time I am updating my blog, one reason was the ban of blogs in India for the last 2 weeks ( I dunno exactly the number of days). First I should thank dinesh for he helped me in knowing that the blogs were banned in India & then he indicated that the ban was liberated. Thanx da ....


I received a forwarded mail from prahlad a friend of mine, I really don't know he read that or just forwarded but that really pricked me. It was the speech of Dr. Abdul kalam (president of India) in hyderabad. The crux of the speech was the negative thinking insertion into the pubic by the media & the present condition of Indian citizen. Yes to some extend he is right, we read only about death, terrorism, strike, ban, company closed etc., in the first page of news paper rather than good things happening around. Its actually a known fact to every one . I even remember my college days once or twice have discussed about that, y always negative news. Don't we have good news or good things happening around ?? One of the reason y our thinking has gone negative is mainly due to these ambiance. We feel always insecure & feel we will lose. Hope that to change soon.

But the main thing which made me think was the second portion of it, what is the present condition of Indian citizens, how we complain about the government, policies, our laws etc . We say that the phones don't work, the airline is the worst in the world. Yes right, but what have we done for that was his question. Really good one, everyone will have to think about that. I his speech he had talked about how the same Indian behave in other countries and in India. Actually it really touched me, this April I went to Korea 4 of us. While returning we had to stay in Singapore for 6 hrs in the airport, we bought some chocolate, when I decided to throw away the waste I just started to search for litter box. Actually one was near to the shop were we bought I missed that, we searched for 10 mins and atlast used the litter box. If the same thing in India I would have definitely not wasted time just throw in the wall corner. Its a shame on me. We actually are not ourselves, change accordingly.
The second one I observed in Korea is, everyone after smoking throws his butts only in the litterbox that too check wether its offed properly. I have even seen the market place which is similar to tnagar in india, but all use only litterbox and point is southkorea is the second country in the world were there are more number of smokers. Even in my office korean's carry the tea cup (disposable) after their smoke they use that for putting the butts. Its the culture what we develop and follow. From last week i made up my mind not to litter in the public. I have crossed twice, hmm 26yrs of practice its quite difficult to change at a stroke. Still i am trying, the main reason i wrote this in my blog is one if anyone read please think & dont leave try to follow. The second thing is as i am writing i will have to strictly follow he he... (still many hiccups).

"realize that self-respect comes with self-reliance"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I agree.

Here's one resource that I know of, which publishes only good things that happen in India.

www.goodnewsindia.com

27 July, 2006 00:30  
Blogger Vikram Prasad said...

I will have to agree with you. It is true..but even if you start following, you need to start encouraging people to follow you. I did the same exact thing of throwing on the roads when I came to India :-p

27 July, 2006 05:24  
Blogger viki said...

yea ur rite vikram i need to start encouraging people, but it doesnt seem practical.

28 July, 2006 18:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home